At the start of the second English lockdown (Thursday 5 November 2020), local businesses who have been ordered to close for four weeks may be eligible for a government grant of up to £3,000.
This second lockdown funding has been provided by the Government and will be administered by Richmondshire District Council in line with guidance set out by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
A single grant payment for each eligible property will be made to cover the four-week national lockdown period and will be paid to each eligible business.
The grant amounts are fixed. Businesses with more than one qualifying property will receive more than one grant.
The grants are based on business rates, similar to the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF) available for the first lockdown period this spring.
The value of these grants has been set by the Government and the council has no discretion to vary these amounts under this scheme. Eligible businesses that pay business rates on their premises may expect to receive grants of the level stated below:
- for properties with a rateable value of £15k or under, grants to be £1,334 – per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- for properties with a rateable value of between £15k to £51k, grants to be £2,000 – per 28 day qualifying restriction period
- for properties with a rateable value of £51k or over grants to be £3,000 – per 28 day qualifying restriction period
Businesses that have had to be closed since March 2020, such as nightclubs, will also be eligible for £3,000 from 1 November.
Eligible businesses will get one grant for each property liable for business rates. Grants will be based on the rateable value of the property on the first full day of lockdown restrictions.
Accessing the scheme:
As with the previous government business grant schemes, businesses will be able to request grants via Richmondshire District Council by applying online
Here is the link to apply: https://selfservice.richmondshire.gov.uk/renderform.aspx?t=1275&k=5F05EB95C3239A5A6FF30398186318D3343AD93D
Details you will need are:
- Before you start to complete this grant payment information request, please have to hand your:
- Business rate account number (this can be found on your business rate bill)
- Rateable value of the property (this can be found on your business rate bill)
- Name on business bank account
- Business bank account number
- Business bank sort code
- Business VAT registered number
- Business company registration number (if you have one)
If you do not live in Richmondshire, Grants can be applied for through your local Council.