Additional Restrictions Grant open for applications, the grant is to help business reopening after the recent lockdowns and who were not eligible for the Restart grant.
Applicants for the ARG will only have a small window to claim between May 10 and midnight on May 31.
Applications are through your local council
The scheme allows for businesses who occupy or share occupation of premises for which they have no direct liability for business rates and who were actively trading on 1 April 2021.The scheme also allows for other types of businesses who do not operate from fixed business rateable premises and, who were actively trading on 1 April 2021, to make claims (the list below is not exhaustive).
- Businesses including in the hospitality supply chain
- Regular market traders with fixed building/pitch costs
- Freelance and mobile businesses providing events or in-person services including caterers, events, hair, beauty and wedding related businesses
- Wraparound care providers including childcare clubs, school holiday clubs
- Bed and breakfast
- Commercial cleaning companies not part of a national chain with fixed business costs
- Taxi companies registered as a business, and not part of a national chain
- Driving instructor companies registered as a business and not part of a national chain
- Businesses where the landlord has closed their business premises regardless of sector
Businesses will receive different amounts of the grant depending on the size of business and when they are able to reopen:
- Step 1: businesses that came back into operation on 12 April 2021 will be eligible for the Recovery Step 1 grant
- Step 2: businesses who do not come back into operation until 17 May 2021 will be eligible for the Recovery Step 2 grant
- Step 3: businesses who do not come back into operation until 21 June 2021 will be eligible for the Recovery Step 3 grant
To apply through Richmondshire District council.